Letters to the editor for Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014
January 6, 2014
U.S. Highway 50 East is safer because of law enforcement
Thanks to our peace officers for a job well done — Highway 50 east of Carson City is not the dangerous highway it was. Though some will not believe it, when drivers slow down, don't follow too close, and obey traffic laws, the roads are less dangerous.
Rose Bowl anthem singers butchered our nation's song
At first I didn't believe they could do it, but they did. The group that sang our national anthem at the Rose Bowl managed to perform the entire selection without hitting a single note in the key in which it was intended.
Bring back Roseanne.
Trending In: Opinion
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts