Letters to the editor for Tuesday, June 20, 2017
June 19, 2017
Remember who pays the bills
Those that wish to utilize our most successful tax generating political "sacred cow," the free school system available in this country, should also be willing to accept some degree of disciplinary control over their submissions to it.
To expect that system to simply accept the various examples of individual home grown attitudes "as designed" without some defense mechanism in place is not fair to the other submissions, the operational staff involved or the people obligated to pay for it all.
Taxpayers are obligated to furnish the system, not the individual psychological and development training of whatever shows up; it's bad enough that society will have to tolerate them at some time in the future.
My apologies to Professor Rosenberg.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy