June 17, 2007
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Orion Tovar, 35, a construction worker from Carson City was arrested at 1:05 a.m. Sunday at William and Carson streets on suspicion of felony counterfeiting and obtaining money under false pretenses. Bail was set at $20,000. Also arrested was Amy Lofton on suspicion of felony counterfeiting, obtaining money, possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Her bail was set at $21,132.
• A 21-year-old unemployed Carson City resident was arrested at 9:51 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,587.
• Levi Daniel Whitehead, 20, a coffeehouse employee from Carson City was arrested at 2:50 a.m. Sunday at Northridge Drive and Wilma Way on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• Chandy Dorlynn Fisher, 26, a painter from Reno was arrested at 2:08 a.m. Saturday at College Parkway and Lompa Lane on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• A 22-year-old clerk from Dayton was arrested at 7:12 p.m. Friday in the 3200 block of Market Street on suspicion of a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,000 cash.
Recommended Stories For You
The following are some of the 120 calls to which deputies responded:
• Report of a drunk driver at Conestoga Way and Branstetter Avenue in Mark Twain at 1:30 a.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of a robbery at a casino on Pinecone Road in Dayton at 12:08 p.m. Saturday.
• Report of a domestic dispute in the 2500 block of Pueblo Street in Silver Springs at 4:39 p.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of two bikers driving erratically on Highway 50 East in Silver Springs at 6:54 p.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Report of a drunk driver on Highway 95A in Silver Springs at 7:53 p.m. Saturday. Two misdemeanor arrests were made.
• Report of a drunk driver on Thurston Way in Mason Valley at 11:19 p.m. Saturday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.