November 5, 2008
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– Kevin Talbott, 53, of Dayton, was arrested at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance. Bail was set at $7,500. Also arrested was Joshua Grow, 26, a student from Carson City, on suspicion of felony unlawful use of a controlled substance. Bail was set at $2,500. Inmate Talbott allegedly sold a muscle relaxer to inmate Grow. Grow was also charged with violation of a restraining order and contempt of court for allegedly attempting 39 times to call from jail a woman who has a restraining order against him.
– A 64-year-old Reno man was arrested at 2:51 p.m. Tuesday at Highway 50 East on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $1,764.
– A 23-year-old woman was arrested at 9:54 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of South Carson Meadows Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to pay fines. Police were called to her home after she allegedly caught her husband in bed with another woman and the couple got into an argument. Her bail was set at $295.
Recommended Stories For You
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Tuesday :
– Coroner call at Northern Nevada Correctional Center at 8:53 a.m.
– An employee of an apartment complex on Silver Oak Drive reported a tenant was naked and walking outside between apartments at 9:23 a.m. When police arrived they asked the woman to put a shirt on, but she refused. She eventually relented and covered herself. The woman was taken into civil protective custody.
– Report of household items packed and ready to move were stolen from a home on Gay Circle sometime before 10:55 a.m.
– Arrest of a Carson Middle School student for possession of marijuana at 1:03 p.m.
– Report of three young children between the ages of 4 and 7 walking alone along the shoulder of Fairview Drive at 4:13 p.m.
– Report of a fight between roommates at 8:58 p.m. on Industrial Park Way. According to the dispatch log, the caller stated, “Subjects were upset about Obama winning the election and started to beat her.” Police arrived and determined the dispute was verbal.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Tuesday:
– Window broken on a truck on Veteran’s Way in Fernley at 8:36 a.m.
– Misdemeanor arrest on Highway 50 West in Silver Springs at 1:36 p.m.
– Report of lights damaged and letters removed from the Santa Maria Ranch sign on Winters Parkway on 12:59 p.m.
– A Fernley woman reported at 7:37 p.m. that she found her Summer Street home ransacked.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 283-1799. Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.