June 25, 2005
• Run What Cha Brung classic car show sponsored by the Karson Kruzers. A rock and roll weekend featuring a street dance, cruise, poker run, car show and more at Fuji Park. Call 687-7410.
• American Cancer Society Relay for Life team car wash, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Grocery Outlet, 1831 N. Carson St. Minimum donation $5 per car; call 884-3252.
• Nevada Mammogram Van fund-raiser, barbecue and music from 2-6 p.m. at 4150 Meadow Wood Road, Carson City. Honorary chairwoman, Dema Guinn. Donation $20 per person; call 883-6313 or 841-6543.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group/Douglas County Animal Shelter rabies vaccination and pet microchip clinic, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the shelter, 921 Pinenut Road. Vaccination $15 per animal; microchips $30 per animal. Call 267-7325.
• High Desert Horsemen Ride/Drive, 10 a.m. at Ft. Churchill. Free spaghetti lunch after ride. Check Web site http://www.hdhorsemen.org or call Margy Hamilton at 629-0807.
• Angel Kiss Foundation first-ever White Water Race and Jazz Festival, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Wingfield Park, Reno. Call 323-7721 or (888) 589-KISS.
Recommended Stories For You
• 24th annual Pizen Switch Roundup, 9 a.m. at West Walker River Resort, open to the public. A social function for fun, relaxation and games, includes 1 p.m. potluck. Call Katie Buchanan at 267-1770.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Thursday. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• “Night Pieces,” A Look at the World We Leave Behind When We Go Home at Night, a Philippe Mazaud photography exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through July 29. Call 687-6680.
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Leiber and Stoller,” Eldorado Showroom through Sept. 4. Tickets $30.95; call 786-5700.
• Douglas County Board of County Commissioners special meeting, 5 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9012.
• Dance Workshop recital, 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 782-8717.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• The Nevada Political Tradition, a free multi-media presentation with Historian Michael Green at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Battle Born Regional Group of Early Ford V-8 Club meets at 7:30 p.m. at Mom and Pop’s Diner, 224 S. Carson St. Dinner optional at 6. Call 267-3023 or 345-6524.
• Kind ‘n Nic perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• “Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds” at 4 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane, part of the Summer Reading Program. Call 782-9841.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association general meeting, 7 p.m. at the McAtee Building, next to fire department on Ft. Churchill Road, Silver Springs. Call 629-0713.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Solutions Forum/White House Conference on Aging, 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• RSVP July Fourth Celebration Carnival at Mills Park. Features a carnival with rides, midway, crafts and food and entertainment through July 4. Call 687-4680.
• Hired Help performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit on display.
• “Wizard Training School,” a free presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School, 701 Long Valley Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9841.
• Judas Priest, Queensryche perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater. Tickets $45; call 789-2285.