May 25, 2005
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Shade Tree Council meeting, 5:30 p.m. at Carson City Hall Capitol Conference Room.
• Carson City Republican Central Committee meets at 6:45 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Guest speakers are Assemblyman Rod Sherer and Assemblyman Garn Mabey. Free, open to the public. Call 884-9779.
• “The Essence of Power” presented at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., by Carson Performing Arts. Tickets $5 general admission, $3 students. Call 887-0438.
• Celtic Music Night at 7 p.m. at Borders Books Music and Cafe, 911 Topsy Lane. Features Girin Celtic Band. Call 267-0755.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater presents “The Rose of Sharon,” 8 p.m. in the Great Room at the Gold Hill Hotel. Tickets $28 per person includes dinner; $8 play only. Reservations, call 847-0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Hotel California performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Behind-the-scenes tours in anthropology at the Nevada State Museum, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Reservations recommended; call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 by volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple and the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St., 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• The See Center offers free children’s vision screening from noon-5 p.m. by appointment only at 2874 N. Carson St., Suite 200, for children ages 18-younger. For an appointment, call 887-8866.
• Carson Valley Artists Association meets at 1:30 p.m. for a slide show at the Minden Library, presented by Billy Bliss of Zephyr Cove. Call 783-9626.
• Pinkerton Dance Academy presents “Sleeping Beauty,” 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call Ayako Britt at 882-2916.
• Shana Morrison, daughter of Van Morrison, and her band perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 general, $12 members, seniors and students. Call 883-1976.
• 2005 Summer Family Concert Series at 6:30 p.m., enjoy the music of John Jorgenson Quintet in Minden Park. Call 782-9828.
• 28th annual Escarabajo Dune Buggy Club Road Rally in Virginia City through Sunday. Call 847-0311.
• Wild West Tour along the Kit Carson Trail in Carson City. Themed “Carnival,” the tour features small-town vendors, snake oil salesmen, strong men and The Nevada Gunfighters. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Nevada State Museum and leave every 30 minutes. Cost $15 adults, $10 children 6-12. Call 687-7410.
• Spring Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Health Awareness Fair, 10 a.m. at Eagle Fitness, 3246 N. Carson St., No. 119. Families welcome for a fun workout with Ronald McDonald; prizes for all participants. Call 882-8686.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features “Salute to Indy” and several other classes of racing. 888-9777.
• “The Songs of Sinatra,” presented at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., performed by Frank Carabetta and his combo. A fund-raiser for the Carson City Meals on Wheels program and Community Counseling Center. Tickets $12 general; $10 seniors and children 11-younger. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
• Memorial Day Parade at noon down C Street in Virginia City, “Celebration of Heroes Parade.” Call 847-0311.