June 6, 2005
• Carson City Edward Jones office hosts the Carson City Chamber of Commerce breakfast, 7:30-8:30 a.m. at 1079 S. Carson St. Call 841-6767.
• Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Inc. will meet at 11 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s, 2811 S. Carson St. Optional breakfast at 10 a.m. Swearing in of officers to be held; positions of vice-president, chaplain and trustee needed. Call 883-1842.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting with Timberline residents, 7 p.m. at the Carson City office of UNR Cooperative Extension, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12. Call 887-2252.
• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meet at 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Sen. Mark Amodei, who will install new officers. Call 883-6334.
• Genoa Town Advisory Board meeting, 7 p.m. in Genoa Town Meeting Room, 2289 Main St. Call 782-8696.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features John Tyson and Friends on Cowboy Music and Poetry at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through June 12. Call 782-9711.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through June 30. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. Prison Hill wildflower hike. Bring walking stick; trail rocky in places. Go east across Edmonds from Koontz, take dirt road straight ahead, turn left at wood sign, continue to parking loop. Call 885-2166.
• Summer Farmers Market Opening Day, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Fourth annual Bike Night at United Blood Services, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 256 E. Winnie Lane. Features prizes, barbecue, live remote with KOZZ radio, raffle and more. For an appointment, call 887-9111.
• Carson Area Metropolitan Organization and Carson City Regional Transportation Commission joint meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Railroad Restoration Shop presentation, 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Sierra Nevada Republican Women meet at noon at Two Guys from Italy, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Skip Sayre, executive director of the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors’ Authority. Reservations and information: 265-2841.