June 21, 2005
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission public meeting, noon at UNR Cooperative Extension Conference Room, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered hosts a 6:30 p.m. walk at Linear Park loop; park at Fremont Elementary School on Saliman Road. Call 885-2166.
• Pianist Robyn Wells performs a free concert of classical music at 7:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 1750 Mountain St. Donations accepted; call 882-1851.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• National Guard Retiree Breakfast, 9 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St. All retirees of all military services welcome. Call 884-8401 to RSVP.
Recommended Stories For You
• Northern Nevada Development Authority Membership Networking Mixer, 4-7:30 p.m. at Fourth Ward School Museum, 537 S. C St., Virginia City. Hosted by Fourth Ward School Museum and The Comstock Chronicle.E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 883-4413.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association board meeting, 7 p.m. at home of Gary and Lea Rogers, 2615 Fir Ave., Silver Springs. Call 577-2604.
• Chautauqua in the Park at Mormon Station State Park from 5-8 p.m. today and Thursday. Call 782-6725 or 265-6097.
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Reno Rodeo at the Reno Livestock and Events Center, Reno through Saturday. Features drill team competitions, barrel racing, steer wrestling, roping, team roping, cutting horse competition, bull riding and saddle bronc riding. Call (800) 225-2277.
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Carson Area Obesity Coalition Nutrition Subcommittee meets from 2:30-4 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 684-3205.
• Muscle Powered meeting, 6 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Ballroom, 449 W. King St. Open to all interested in better and more places to bike and walk. Call 841-6810.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meet at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call 544-7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246-5296.
• An Evening of Wine and Tchaikovsky, a benefit for Pinkerton Ballet Theatre’s production of the Nutcracker, 6-9 p.m. at Thunder Canyon Golf Course, 19 Lightning W Ranch Road, Washoe Valley. Tickets $45 in advance; $50 at the door. Call 882-9069.
• Behind-the-Scenes Tours at the Nevada State Museum’s Natural History Collection, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., 600 N. Carson St. Reservations required; space limited. Call 687-4810, ext. 237. Regular museum admission applies.
• Bowl-a-Thon for Carson City Meals on Wheels program, 6 p.m. .at Carson Lanes, 4600 Snyder Ave. Individual pay $10 per bowler; teams are 4-5 bowlers; prizes given. All donations accepted. Call 883-2606.
• Hit Men perform at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Nappy Roots with guests J1-3, Tree Woods and Paycheck Game perform at NV50 Nightclub, 10051 Highway 50 East, Mound House. Doors open at 9 p.m.; tickets $20 in advance at JJ’s Ear Candy. Ages 18-older only. Call (530) 543-1003.