1 by field, 1 by court
July 27, 2017
A series of summer sports camps, hosted by the Churchill County Parks and Recreation Department come to a close today.
This week the Challenger Soccer Camp and summer volleyball camp held their sessions. For soccer, there were 15 children participating; they learned the basics of the sport and the moves to play. For volleyball it was the second session of the summer, the first being held in June; according to coach Jennifer Buckmaster, there was lots of carry over between the sessions. The 20 girls were able to practice playing volleyball, refining the skills learned in the first session; throughout the week, they played scrimmage matches to practice in a game setting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Joe Santoro: Pack can’t be cannon fodder for UNLV
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing