Sports fodder for a Friday morning...Nevada Wolf Pack coach David Carter dropped a hint about the immediate future of his basketball team this week before leaving for the Mountain West tournament. Carter is seriously toying with the idea of starting three point guards (Deonte Burton, Marqueze Coleman and UTEP transfer Michael Perez). The idea of starting three guards under 6-foot-4 is intriguing. Coleman clearly deserves more minutes and Perez, a former UTEP starter, could be the newcomer of the year in the conference. But it doesn’t solve the Pack’s biggest problem: rebounding, toughness and defending the paint. ••• The Wolf …
Friday Fodder: Will Pack’s Carter use 3 PGs in 2014?
- Dayton boy killed in gun accident remembered as vibrant, fun
- Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested in Carson City on felony fugitive-of-justice warrant
- Carson High School seniors present final projects to community panels
- Northern California quake felt by Carson residents
- Airport to get military aircraft museum