The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 6:09 a.m.: Two 25-year-old men were arrested in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing. Bail for each was set at $450. About an hour later, a Carson City man was arrested at the location. Bail was set at $150. According to their arrest reports, motel guests had complained that the men were yelling in the parking lot, and they were extremely intoxicated when deputies arrived.
• 7:54 a.m.: A 40-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3000 block of Imperial Way on suspicion of hit-and-run and obstructing an officer. According to his arrest report, he’d been in a crash about five weeks earlier and had exchanged information with the other driver, but not insurance information. The other driver reported to the Sheriff’s Office that the man hadn’t returned repeated calls. Bail was set at $800.
• 9:37 p.m.: A 44-year-old Moundhouse man was arrested in the 100 block of East Long Street on suspicion of assault on a police officer, assault on a victim older than 60, breach of peace and obstructing a peace officer with violence. According to his arrest report, a deputy responded a report of a patron acting aggressively at a saloon. The man reportedly tried to kick the deputy, who Tasered him. Total bail was set at $6,300.
• 5:08 p.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Emerson Drive and Mark Way on suspicion of petit larceny. He allegedly took a cart full of groceries from Walmart, then ran away when a loss-prevention officer approached him in the parking lot. Bail was set at $250.
• 10:29 p.m.: Martin Oswaldo Ruiz, 27, of South Lake Tahoe was arrested in the 1400 block of Como Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, improper U-turn, expired registration and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on a failure-to-appear warrant. According to Ruiz’s arrest report, a deputy saw him make an abrupt U-turn without signalling and pulled him over, then learned he had a warrant out of Douglas County. The deputy reportedly found a glass pipe with marijuana residue in the vehicle’s center console, as well as a small amount of methamphetamine. Total bail was set at $3,960.
• 7:21 p.m.: Shawn Robert Anderson, 21, a transient, was arrested at Long Street and Russell Way on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as warrants for a felony probation violation, felony forgery and failure to appear-traffic. Also arrested was Treavor John Pate, 21, a transient, on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, as well as violation of a suspended sentence. According to their arrest reports, Pate and Anderson were walking in the area when a deputy saw them cross the street without using a crosswalk. The deputy arrested both on the warrants and reported finding a small amount of methamphetamine in Pate’s wallet. No bail was set for Anderson on the forgery and probation violation warrants. Total bail for Pate was set at $3,500.
• 5:11 p.m.: Mary Jean Bohannan, 49, of Carson City was arrested in the 1800 block of North Edmonds Drive on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as on a contempt-of-court warrant. According to her arrest report, someone at the casino where Bohannan was gambling found a bag containing a broken pipe with white residue, and a security officer said he’d seen Bohannan with the purse earlier. Bohannan reportedly accepted the bag from the manager, then was arrested. Total bail was set at $3,500.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.