Allen to speak on July 8
May 31, 2005
Marcus Allen will be the featured speaker at the 37th annual Governor’s Dinner to benefit the University of Nevada athletics.
The event will be held Friday, July 8 at Governor’s Mansion. Hosted cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will begin at 5:30 p.m. with the dinner provided by the Eldorado set for 7.
Allen, the 1981 Heisman Trophy winner at USC, went on to have a NFL Hall of Fame career as a running back with the Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs. He was the most valuable player of the 1983 season Super Bowl in which the Raiders beat the Washington Redskins 38-9.
Tickets are $250 or $1,800 for a table of eight. For more information call 784-4870, extension 236.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack