Bighorns fall against the Astros
June 16, 2007
The Reno Astros exploded for 11 runs in the third inning to overcome a 7-1 deficit on their way to an 18-9 win over the Nevada Bighorns on Saturday at Moana Stadium.
Dan Eastham went 2-for-4 with a run and two RBI, Tom O’Brien was 2-for-4 with an RBI, Aaron Henry was 1-for-3 with two runs, Tyson Jaquez was 1-for-2 with two runs and an RBI, Kevin Schlange went 1-for-3 with two RBI and a run and Eric Melendez added a hit for the Bighorns.
At press time, the Bighorns were leading the NorCal Yankees 3-1 in the bottom of the fourth. Henry hit a home run and Jaquez had a triple with two RBI for the Bighorns. The Bighorns will play the Yankees again at noon today at Ron McNutt Field.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again