Bighorns open season tonight
June 1, 2007
The Nevada Bighorns baseball team will open its season today with a doubleheader against College of Marin (Calif.), beginning at 5 p.m. at Ron McNutt Field.
Admission is $3 for adults, $1 for under 18 and free for kids 5 and under and senior citizens. The Bighorns roster features many local college players.
On the roster are four players from the University of Nevada: Infielder Tyson Jaquez, who also played at Western Nevada Community College; infielder/pitcher Daniel Eastham; outfielder Aaron Henry, a Carson High graduate, who redshirted this year with the Wolf Pack; and infielder Steve Mays. Also on the roster are WNCC’s Kevin Schlange and Cliff Shepard.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Joe Santoro: Crazy talk already OK with this Nevada Wolf Pack team
- Greenwave wins Maverick SYFL championship
- Youth rodeo results from Elko and Spanish Springs
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake