Brinkley falls in his bout
May 24, 2005
Yerington’s Jesse Brinkley received his chance to fight in the big-time, but in the end it didn’t go the way he would have liked.
Brinkley lost a unanimous decision to Alfonso Gomez in the third place boxing match on “The Contender” Tuesday in a bout from Caesars Palace in Las Vegas that was televised on NBC. Brinkley (25-3) still earned a $100,000 prize after losing the fight while Gomez (13-3) earned $200,000 for the win.
In the $1 million championship bout, Sergio Mora, who beat Brinkley in the semifinals to advance to the finals, defeated Peter Manfredo in a unanimous decision. Manfredo, who beate Gomez to advance, ended up winning $250,000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again