Capital City Volleyball strong in High Rollers
June 20, 2003
The Capital City Volleyball Club had its most successful performance ever this past weekend at the High Roller Tournament in Reno.
The club’s 18 gold team took second, the 15 gold team tied for 13th out of 104 teams in the 16s division, the 16 gold team took the “Slots Division” title and the 14 Allen team won the “Baccarat Division” crown.
“In the four year history of the club, that is the best tournament as a whole our club has ever had,” coach Steve George said. “As we prepare for the Volleyball Festival in two weeks, our teams seem to be peaking at the right time and we look forward to an outstanding tournament to cap off the season.”
The Volleyball Festival is the largest women’s sporting event in the world. More than 1,000 teams from across the country will compete in the event to be held June 29-July 5 in Sacramento. Next year’s event will be held in Reno.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Joe Santoro: Crazy talk already OK with this Nevada Wolf Pack team
- Greenwave wins Maverick SYFL championship
- Youth rodeo results from Elko and Spanish Springs
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake