Carson softball beats Lassen
April 30, 2003
Nichole Monge’s game-winning single in the bottom of the 10th inning capped a comeback 8-7 win for the Carson High softball team over Lassen on Tuesday at CHS.
Lindsay Farnworth pitched six shutout innings for the win and also went 3-for-5 with a double and two RBI. In addition, Kaitie Vidovich began the Senators’ comeback with a two-run home run.
Carson trailed 7-2 going into the bottom of the sixth. Vidovich’s homer made it 7-4, then Ariadne Gonzalez doubled and Farnworth followed with an RBI double to make it 7-5. In the seventh, Kelli Cahill had an RBI triple and Ambir Rackley belted an RBI single to tie the score 7-7.
In the 10th, Farnworth singled and two errors loaded the bases, setting up Monge’s game-winner. Starting pitcher Mandy Carvin allowed four earned runs over four innings while Farnworth allowed two hits.
Vidovich went 3-for-5 and also doubled, Gonzalez went 2-for-3 with an RBI, Mongi was 2-for-5, Cahill went 2-for-3 and Liz Rankl added a hit for Carson.
The Senators play their home finale at 3:30 p.m. today against South Tahoe. With a win, Carson would clinch the Sierra League’s No. 3 seed into the zone playoffs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again