Carson softball falls against Fallon
April 17, 2003
The Carson High softball team banged out eight hits, but couldn’t take advantage in a 4-1 loss at Fallon on Wednesday.
Carson scored its lone run in the seventh inning when Heather Diamond tripled and scored on Beth Henry’s single. After Ariadne Gonzalez got a hit, Carson had runners at second and third with no outs, but couldn’t score any more runs.
Mandy Carvin took the loss for the Senators, striking out five in going the distance. Henry and Mandoki each went 2-for-3 and Liz Rankl and Lindsey Perondi each added a hit for Carson.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack