Carson to host Wolf Pack practice
March 5, 2014
RENO — Nevada football coach Brian Polian announced the Wolf Pack spring football schedule Tuesday, which includes a pair of workouts to be held at high schools in Reno and Carson City.
Spring practice will open April 2 and will culminate April 26 with the Silver and Blue Spring Game at Mackay Stadium at 2 p.m. Two of the practices during the 15-workout spring sessions will be held off campus – April 12 at Carson High School and April 19 at Bishop Manogue High School in south Reno.
"We are extremely excited about taking two of our spring practices off of campus and into the community," head coach Polian said. "We recognized an opportunity to come down off the hill and interact with our fan base in Northern Nevada and our players and staff are enthusiastic about doing so. We hope to see a lot of Silver and Blue at those high schools on those days."
Spring practices will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from April 2-26. The two off-campus practices (April 12 and 19) are open to the public, as is the spring game, and there is no cost.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: College
- Memories of WNC athletics: John L. Harvey Field’s beauty goes beyond baseball
- ANALYSIS: DJ Whittemore says coaching Nevada baseball is his dream job
- Carson City’s Purcell making strong first impression
- CCLL announces all-star selections
- Dayton’s Madison Foley making big impact for Nevada Wolf Pack volleyball team
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City