Trent Johnson, PGA’s Allen to University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame
August 9, 2013
RENO — PGA Tour golfer Michael Allen and former Nevada basketball coach Trent Johnson are among the new members being inducted next month into the University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame.
Football stars John Dutton and Chris Lemon, second baseman Justin Martin, women’s basketball standout Kate Smith, swimmer Terina Cook Dutton and skier Katerina Hanusova Nash comprise the rest of the new class of eight — the largest to be inducted since 1974.
The Hall of Fame dinner is Sept. 20, with a ceremony the next day at Mackay Stadium during halftime of the Nevada-Hawaii game.
Johnson led Nevada to the Sweet 16 before leaving for Stanford in 2004. He coached at LSU and now at Texas Christian.
The 54-year-old Allen has earned more than $5 million in his golf career.
Trending In: College
- Joe Santoro: ‘Streaking’ Nevada wins 2nd straight
- Friday Fodder: Pack is in control of its Mountain West destiny, Joe Santoro says
- Marshall law needs to rule again for Nevada
- Marshall ends slump as Nevada beats Utah State
- Nevada Wolf Pack: top five most important moments of 2016 for men’s basketball, football and baseball says Joe Santoro