Trent Johnson, PGA’s Allen to University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame
August 9, 2013
RENO — PGA Tour golfer Michael Allen and former Nevada basketball coach Trent Johnson are among the new members being inducted next month into the University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame.
Football stars John Dutton and Chris Lemon, second baseman Justin Martin, women's basketball standout Kate Smith, swimmer Terina Cook Dutton and skier Katerina Hanusova Nash comprise the rest of the new class of eight — the largest to be inducted since 1974.
The Hall of Fame dinner is Sept. 20, with a ceremony the next day at Mackay Stadium during halftime of the Nevada-Hawaii game.
Johnson led Nevada to the Sweet 16 before leaving for Stanford in 2004. He coached at LSU and now at Texas Christian.
The 54-year-old Allen has earned more than $5 million in his golf career.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: College
- ANALYSIS: DJ Whittemore says coaching Nevada baseball is his dream job
- DJ Fenner leads Nevada to rout of UNLV
- Dayton’s Madison Foley making big impact for Nevada Wolf Pack volleyball team
- Nevada Wolf Pack football hires Jay Norvell for head coaching position
- Three Carson City students named National Merit Scholar semifinalists