Trent Johnson, PGA’s Allen to University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame
August 9, 2013
RENO — PGA Tour golfer Michael Allen and former Nevada basketball coach Trent Johnson are among the new members being inducted next month into the University of Nevada Athletics Hall of Fame.
Football stars John Dutton and Chris Lemon, second baseman Justin Martin, women's basketball standout Kate Smith, swimmer Terina Cook Dutton and skier Katerina Hanusova Nash comprise the rest of the new class of eight — the largest to be inducted since 1974.
The Hall of Fame dinner is Sept. 20, with a ceremony the next day at Mackay Stadium during halftime of the Nevada-Hawaii game.
Johnson led Nevada to the Sweet 16 before leaving for Stanford in 2004. He coached at LSU and now at Texas Christian.
The 54-year-old Allen has earned more than $5 million in his golf career.
Trending In: College
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)
- Another impressive win for hot Nevada
- Local sports roundup: Ex-Senator Corey Reid takes second in nation in heptathlon
- Western Nevada College baseball plays final games at John L. Harvey Field
- Caroline, Marshall send Rebels running