Comets take second
May 31, 2005
The Nevada Comets 16 and under softball team featuring players from Northern Nevada took second in an American Softball Association A National Qualifier in Phoenix. Among the local players on the team was Carson High’s Kayla Sanchez.
The Comets went 8-2 with both of their losses coming to the eventually champion Arizona Cats. In pool play, the Comets lost to the Cats 4-3. In the championship round, the Comets came back to beat the Cats 8-0 before losing 8-7.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack