Diamondbacks add Williams, Porter as coaches
November 11, 2009
PHOENIX (AP) – Former Carson High slugger Matt Williams is joining the Arizona Diamondbacks as first base coach.
A five-time All-Star third baseman, the 43-year-old Williams will make his big league coaching debut. He played for the club from 1998-2003 and recently completed his fifth season as a team broadcaster.
Bo Porter will also join manager A.J. Hinch’s staff, as third base coach. Porter spent parts of three seasons with the Chicago Cubs, Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers.
The Diamondbacks also said that Glenn Sherlock, who has been on the staff since the team’s inception in 1998, will return as the bullpen and catching coach.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Joe Santoro: Truth is, Nevada Wolf Pack found light switch
- Foreign exchange student part of Carson High football’s ‘Day Care’
- Prep Roundup: Carson High volleyball falls in straight sets
- Carson High School girls golf team sixth after first round of NIAA 4A State Golf Championships at Highland Falls Golf Course.