Hurricanes take second in ASAevent
June 14, 2005
The Carson Valley Hurricanes 14 and under softball team took second in the American Softball Association Junior Olympic 14 and under Tournament held recently in Sparks.
The Hurricanes went 1-2 in pool play, but in the single elimination playoff, beat the Boise Blast 9-1, the High Sierra Diamonds No. 2 5-0 before losing to the Oregon Junior Eagles 10-1 in the championship game. The Hurricanes led 1-0 in the fourth inning before the Eagles took control.
The Hurricanes won four tournaments last year playing in the 12 and under B division. The Hurricanes have 14 and under and 12 and under teams and both clubs have moved up to the A division this year.
The teams have five more tournaments this summer and the 14 and under team has qualified for the Triple Crown Series Regional Tournament in Park City, Utah by winning a tournament in Sparks earlier this year. The Hurricanes will also play a short fall schedule. Those interested in trying out in the fall can call Tod Harper, 267-3974, Andy Mitchell, 782-4849 or Dave Cole, 246-0544.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack