Kop named to Honor Society
May 4, 2005
Carson High graduate Allison Kop has earned a place in the St. Mary’s College Honor Society as a junior.
Kop is also a member of the school’s women’s soccer team in Moraga, Calif., which competes at the Division I level. Kop, an English major, carries a 3.8 grade point average and plans to attend law school.
Only the top five percent of the school’s juniors earn a spot in the honor society and the criteria for juniors to be named to the honor society is more difficult than seniors. The ceremony in which Kop was named to the honor society was held last month.
Last season, Kop was also a part-time starter and received a considerable amount of playing time as a defender with the women’s soccer team. This season, she’s expected to be a full-time starter and one of the team’s leaders.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack