Lamborn, Bozin earn All-American honors
April 18, 2003
Eagle Valley Middle School students Travis Lamborn and Robbie Bozin earned All-American honors at the Middle School Wrestling National Championships in Virginia.
Both students competed in the seventh-eighth grade division.
Lamborn placed third at 130 pounds. His only loss came to eventual national champion Henry Miller of West Virginia. Bozin took seventh at 105, winning his last match against Ronald Jones of Virginia.
“I am pleased to have both my wrestlers place at the national tournament,” said their coach, Branden Lamborn.
Lamborn and Bozin said the competition was tough and that the weight brackets were stacked with outstanding wrestlers.
“This is one of the toughest tournaments I have ever competed in,” Lamborn said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Joe Santoro: Crazy talk already OK with this Nevada Wolf Pack team
- Greenwave wins Maverick SYFL championship
- Youth rodeo results from Elko and Spanish Springs
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake