Mason Valley fundraiser set
August 20, 2008
The Mason Valley Chapter of Ducks Unlimited (DU) will hold its annual fund raising banquet on Saturday, Sept. 6. That popular event will be held at the Boys and Girls Club at 124 N. Main St. in Yerington.
Cocktails will begin at 6 p.m. with a steak dinner at 7 p.m. followed by raffles and a live auction.
According to Elmer Bull of Yerington, as last year, a special duck calling contest will be held for the youths at the banquet.
The cost to attend is $40 for a single, which includes a one-year membership in Ducks Unlimited, or $50 for a couple, with the same one-year membership. Youngsters can attend the event with their folks for $10 each.
Your ticket will be entered in a special drawing for a door prize. An early bird drawing will be held for those who purchase their tickets by Sept. 1.
Tickets for the fund raiser can be purchased at the Country Insurance Office at 132 S. Nevada St. in Yerington or by calling Elmer Bull at (775) 463-4695 (evenings) or Bob Arigoni at 775-463-4626.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notebook: Stay in the Bay pays off
- Darrell Moody: Bruins are doing the right thing
- Penny shines for SDSU in win over Nevada Wolf Pack