Pincock honored at UC Davis meet
April 19, 2003
George Pincock was named as the co-track male athlete of the meet to lead an outstanding effort by the Carson High track team at the Woody Wilson Invitational on Friday at UC Davis in California.
Pincock won the 200 meters with an outstanding time of 22.30 seconds and also had an excellent time of 49.14 to place second in the 400. Shanna Sparks also had an outstanding meet, placing second in the 3,200 (11:20) and fifth in the 1,600 (5:14).
Carson’s 1,600 girls relay team of Katie Kotter, Amanda Benson, Terah Laack and Sinead McSweeney posted its best time of the year at 4:12.09 in placing fifth. In addition, Kotter, Benson, Laack and McSweeney took sixth in the sprint medley relay (1:56:38). The relay consisted of legs of 100, 100, 200 and 400.
Pincock, Jack Brooks, Frank Bleuss and Matt Moore placed fifth for Carson in the boys sprint medley relay (1:38.18).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City