An ordinance boosting fees for animal services while tightening codes governing owners of dogs, cats and other animals won preliminary approval Thursday in Carson City.
- 36,000 Tahoe-area trees are dead or dying as California's drought persists
- California resident Harvinder Singh reported victim in Sunday fatal
- Carson City man arrested in Hawaii admits possession, promotion of child porn
- Carson City water situation looks good — for now
- Washington fire in Markleeville 77 percent contained