Carson and Dayton Little Leagues say ‘play ball’
April 6, 2014
Silverada Little League kicked off its opening ceremony Saturday morning with a parade from Dayton High School to the baseball fields. Cory Fowler, a former coach for six years and league board member since 2006, threw out the first pitch.
"Cory is what Silverada is truly about," said Michael Howe, president of the Silverada Little League. "Cory has tirelessly worked on fields, attended board meetings and fundraisers. Although his Angels won the minor league championship in 2011, winning was never his ultimate goal — sharing his love for baseball with his kids and his players was."
Pitches were also thrown by proxy to posthumously honor others who contributed to the sport, which included Enid Billingsly, Gage Wilkinson, Michelle Thompson, Walter and Peter Howe, and Steve Larson.
Trending In: Preps
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat