Community sports Cabela’s hosts Boy Scout Challenge on May 4
April 24, 2013
Cabela's Spring Boy Scout Challenge will again be held at the Reno store on May 4 from 8:30 a.m. (check-in) to about 12:30 p.m. at the store, located on 8650 Boomtown Road (I-80 exit 4). This free and team-oriented event tests the Boy Scouts' skills and knowledge in a variety of timed and scored events.
Teams are comprised of four or five scouts so troops may have and are encouraged to enter multiple teams for the fun and challenging event to vie for team prizes. All participants receive a participation scout patch, discount coupon and a complimentary lunch is served after the challenge events are concluded for all participating scouts and leaders.
Teams need to pre-register by contacting Jamie Klund at Cabela's, (775) 829-4128 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30 so enough food can be ordered. An awards ceremony and complimentary hot dog lunch conclude the day's activities.
CHEER FUNDRAISER SET AT CARSON
The ever popular Drive One 4 Ur School fundraiser is set from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 11 at Carson High School. The Ford Motor Company will donate money to the CHS cheer squad for each person, up to 300, who test drives a new Ford vehicle.
Only one driver per household, and all drivers must be 18 or over with a valid driver's license. The test drive last 5-to-7 minutes. The driver must sign a release and fill out a questionnaire.
Recommended Stories For You
Contact coach Marissa Beck at email@example.com
PEMBERTON, MENEZES TEAM FOR WIN
Bob Pemberton and Marc Menezes combined for a net 66 to grab the Flight A crown at the Carson Valley Men's Club's 2-Man Best-Worst ball event on April 21.
Charles Poe and D. Morrison shot 70, while Dan Essary and Jesus Ray shot 72. Chuck Householder and Joe Morrison won Flight B with a 67 in a tiebreaker over Anthony Moore and Brick Ludington. Bruce Sandford and Roger Hala were third at 71. Augie Martinez and Paul Finan were first in Flight C with a 72. Gerry Bing and John Cary were next at 73 followed by Bill Centers and Brent Holderman at 74.
• On April 16, Jim Howard and Jeff Schreiber tie for low net at CVGC with 70s. Poe won Flight B with a 68, Brent Holderman won Flight C with a 60 and Big won Flight D with a 62.
GRAND SLAM RUN SET FOR SUNDAY
A 5K and 10K run is set for April 28. The event is to raise money for the Carson Capitals youth baseball team.
Registration is set for 8:30 a.m. The cost is $35 for adults and $15 for kids between the ages of 5 and 14. A buffet lunch for all the runners is at El Charro Avitia following the race. The buffet lunch costs $10 for non runners.
Go to active.com to register for the event.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Preps
- Carson City area prep roundup: CHS falls in boys basketball
- Carson High football: Senators begin practice for upcoming season
- Carson football agrees to move home opener to University of Nevada
- Community sports: JJ Ply wins regional decathlon, qualifies for nationals
- Dayton hopes to wipe out nightmare season
- 2 injured in deputy involved shooting outside Carson Nugget
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Teri’s Notebook: Carson City community rallies around man who had bike stolen
- HopeFULL environment at 7th annual Carson Tahoe HopeFest
- Fremont Elementary eliminates early drop-offs