Eagle Valley takes 2nd in South Tahoe tourney
October 22, 2013
Eagle Valley's eighth-grade girls basketball team wrapped up its season with a second-place finish at the South Lake Tahoe Optimist Tournament over the weekend.
Eagle Valley, 17-6 overall, lost in the championship game to Stanley, 52-30, as Camiell Simpson and Lauren Lemburg led the scoring with 10 points each. EV reached the finals with a 36-31 win over Bristow Middle School, as Lemburg and Simspon scored 12 each and Haley Garver chipped in 10.
Eagle Valley opened the tournament with a 34-23 over Cunha Middle School. Simpson scored 14 and Garver added 9. EV then beat Jackson Middle School 30-23. Simpson talled 12 and Josie Osty added seven.
Mitey Mites win 5th straight game
The Carson Mitey Mites won their fifth straight game, knocking off the Truckee Wolverines, 20-0, Saturday at Governors Field.
Vinny Ferretti, Eduarado Orozco and Dawson Main scored for Carson. Zach Guthrie, Alex Myrehn, Seth Knox, Schuyler Clark and Nathan McKee blocked well for Carson. Devin Zervo, Tristen Hawkins, Thomas Bradley, Troy Winkler and Miles Frewert played well defensively. The shutout was the fourth straight for Carson.
Recommended Stories For You
Coons scores ace
at Carson Valley
Fred Coons of Gardnerville registered ace during the Carson Valley Men's Club recent tournament. Coons, playing with Charlie Serafine, Mike Davis and Matt Budjako, aced the 180-yard 17th.
Coons used a driver to record the ace.
• Jack Sparman and Marc Menezes tied with 34s to win Flight A in the Odd-Even tournament at Carson Valley on Oct. 20. Serafine and Bob Pemberton went 1-2 in Flight B with a 35 and 36, respectively. Budjako won Flight C with a 36, one shot better than Augie Martinez. Larry Lockwood won Flight D with a 36, five shots better than John Guidicatti.
Tsudas win at
Glenn and Dencie Tsuda shot a 98 to win the Thunder Canyon Couples Tournament on Oct. 20.
The format was four-ball for the first nine holes and combined net on the back nine.
Dave Mello and Joyce Powell were second with a 100, while Don and Cheryl Burke and Charlie and Kathy Cockerill tied for third at 102. Greg and Becky Martinelli tied for fifth with a 103.
Larry and Elaine Easterling were sixth at 104, and Bob and Monica Pike were seventh at 105.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Preps
- Carson City area prep roundup: CHS falls in boys basketball
- Carson High football: Senators begin practice for upcoming season
- Carson football agrees to move home opener to University of Nevada
- Community sports: JJ Ply wins regional decathlon, qualifies for nationals
- Dayton hopes to wipe out nightmare season
- 2 injured in deputy involved shooting outside Carson Nugget
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Teri’s Notebook: Carson City community rallies around man who had bike stolen
- HopeFULL environment at 7th annual Carson Tahoe HopeFest
- Fremont Elementary eliminates early drop-offs