Little League all-star play starts tonight
June 27, 2014
The Little League postseason gets under way with the District 1 all-star tournament in Governors Field.
Opening ceremonies are set for 3:30 with games to follow at 5:30 and 8 p.m. each night.
Competition will be held in five different division — 9-10s, 10-11s and 11-12s, 50-70 and Juniors. In the three younger age groups, the tournament will be played in a double-elimination format with consolation games. The 50-70 will be a best-of-three series and the junior event, which starts July 7 will be straight double elimination.
The Carson 9-10s will play their first tournament game tonight at 5:30 against Reno National. The 10-11s open play on Thursday at 8 p.m. against Sparks Centennial. The 11-12s received a first-round bye and won't start play until Sunday at 7:30 p.m. against the winner of the VPLL-Reno National contest.
The juniors play Carson Valley in a first-round game at 7:30 p.m. July 7.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Preps
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City