REPORT CARD: MANOGUE 21, CARSON 14
October 21, 2012
Offense: The Senators were well short of 300 yards total offense (251) against the Miners, mostly because of a lack of a vertical passing game and two bad snaps that resulted in minus-33 yards. Garrett Schafer attempted 31 passes, but the Senators only had 95 yards. There were at least four dropped passes. Carson did run for 156 yards thanks to 77 on 17 carries by Colby Brown and 68 on nine attempts by Nevin Elliott.
Defense: One of the better efforts by the Carson defense. Manogue managed just 34 on the ground. The Miners were given good field position for two of the three scores. Sage Smith had a fumble recovery and interception. Carson recorded two sacks. The Senators still aren’t getting a consistent pass rush, which puts more pressure on the inexperienced secondary.
Special teams: The group had a touchdown when Jesse Knight recovered a fumble in the end zone when Devonte German fumbled the snap and coughed up the ball. Casey Wolfe missed a PAT, but his punts and kick-offs were very good.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel