Rodriguez wins to lead Dayton golf to second place finish
April 11, 2003
Ryan Rodriguez was the individual champion to lead the Dayton High golf team to a second place finish at a Northern 3A golf tournament on Thursday at Eagle Valley Golf Club.
Rodriguez shot an even-par 72 to win the event. The Dust Devils placed second with a 395, finishing behind Manogue, which posted a 387.
Dayton tied with Whittell, which also shot a 395, but won the tiebreaker when the Dust Devils’ sixth highest scorer, Tyler Wood, shot an 84 and had a higher score than Whittell’s sixth highest scorer.
The Dust Devils came into the tournament in fifth in the season standings, but made a push to become one of the four teams to qualify for the state event with its second place finish.
Also for Dayton, Shane Castro and Trent Wood each shot a 79, Patrick Lassak fired an 82 and Robbie Janas shot an 83. Rodriguez should qualify for the state tournament as an individual and Castro and Janas also have a chance to qualify for the state event.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City