ROP rolls past Hawthorne
September 25, 2004
Hugo Araiza, Jason Toma and Darrell Gentry all had huge days as the Rite of Passage football team rolled to a 47-0 win over Hawthorne on Saturday.
ROP (4-1) improved to 4-0 in Northern 2A play. Toma had 132 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries and also completed 6-of-6 passes for 86 yards and another score. Araiza had 108 yards and a score on four carries and Gentry had 105 yards and two TDs on three carries.
Toma opened the scoring with a 65-yard run and followed that with a 45-yard TD pass. Gentry then scored on runs of 60 and 45 yards, Toma scored on a 16-yard run and Urich Mello scored on a 75-yard run. Mello had 91 yards on six carries.
ROP finished the scoring when Mello blocked a punt and Araiza returned it 33 yards for a score. It was the fourth time this year that Araiza has scored a touchdown either on defense or special teams. Araiza also had 11 tackles against Hawthorne.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake