Team roping is today
June 17, 2007
RENO – The 30th annual Bob Feist Invitational Team Roping Classic is set for today at 8 at the Indoor Arena at the Reno Livestock Events Center.
Twenty-two past header and heeling champs, including 2006 winners Brandon Thone and Chad Harper, are in this year’s field. The prize money is expected to total $485,000.
Past header champions are Mike Beers (1987), K.C. Jones (1994), Patrick Smith (2005), Britt Bockius (1999-2000), Corey Koontz (1995-1996), Jake Barnes (1988), Speed Williams (1998, 2001, 2002), Kevinn Stewart (1994), Mikey Fletcher (2003), Rube Woolsey (1995), Matt Tyler (1993, 1996) and Charles Pogue (1991, 1999).
Past heeler champions in the field are Tee Woolman (1980), Turtle Powell (2004), Clay Tryan (2005), Tommye Fleniker (1990), Cody Cowan (1997), Denny Watkins (1981), Allen Bach (1979), Travis Woodard (2003) and Rich Skelton (1998-2001, 2002).
Also in the field is 2006 world all-around cowboy Trevor Brazile.
Admission is $25 for the event.
Recommended Stories For You
FATHER’S DAY SURPRISE
Kevin McKee, this year’s president of the Reno Rodeo Association, got a Father’s Day gift he’ll remember forever.
His son, Kyle, who is currently a specialist with the 82nd Airborne stationed in Iraq, delivered a videotaped greeting to his dad and mom, Sandi.
Kyle McKee takes care of Chinook and Apache helicopters. He was a 2004 Galena High graduate.
“Sandi said she wanted to do something special for Kevin on Father’s Day, so we took it from there,” said Steve Schroeder, who handles public relations for the Reno Rodeo.
IN THE ARENA TONIGHT
World barrel racing champ Mary Burger is one of the featured performers on tonight’s schedule.
Wesley Silcox, who won Xtreme Bulls on Thursday, is back in action.
Five-time world saddle bronc champ Billy Etbauer also is in action.
ALSO ON TAP
Another slack session for steer wrestling is set for 7 a.m. Admission is free.
The carnival opens at 4 p.m. and runs until midnight. Admission to the grounds is $5.
For tickets, go to renorodeo.com or call (800) 225-2277. Fans can also come to the Reno Rodeo ticket office, located next to the livestock pavilion.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- A’s hire Carson City Matt Williams as 3rd base coach
- Joe Santoro: Crazy talk already OK with this Nevada Wolf Pack team
- Greenwave wins Maverick SYFL championship
- Youth rodeo results from Elko and Spanish Springs
- Former Dayton High star Madison Foley’s college career ends as Boise State drops Nevada Wolf Pack in volleyball
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake