Tiger surges into a share of the lead at HSBC
November 6, 2009
SHANGHAI (AP) – Tiger Woods has shot another 5-under 67 in the HSBC Champions, this one giving him a share of the 36-hole lead with Nick Watney in the final World Golf Championship of the year.
Woods overcame mild frustration early in his round Friday by making five birdies over his final 10 holes to catch Watney, a fellow American, atop the leaderboard at Sheshan International. They were at 10-under 134.
Big-hitting Alvaro Quiros of Spain was the lone intruder in what appeared to be an American leaderboard in China. Quiros had a 66 and was one shot behind Phil Mickelson (66) and Ryan Moore (69). Anthony Kim made eagle on his last hole for a 69 and was at 136.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City