Time out with Porfirio Jauregui
October 23, 2012
School: Carson High
Sports: Cross country, track
Q: What are your favorite sports and why?
A: Cross country, track and boxing. I love cross country and track because the team is super cool. You can talk to them about anything without worrying about drama happening.
Q: Who is your favorite professional athlete and why?
Recommended Stories For You
A: Manny Pacquiao because he came from nothing and became a champion. He is still in touch with his roots and is helping the people in his country.
Q: How do you feel about drug/alcohol testing at the high school level? Should it be random or should everybody on a team be tested at least once during the season?
A: I think the whole school should be tested. If they are coming to school they better be learning instead of doing drugs.
Q: If you saw a teammate using drugs or alcohol, what would you do? Would you talk to him about it or turn him into the coach?
A: I would talk to him about it because it is his choice and not mine, but if it got serious I would tell the coach.
Q: The Olympics just ended. How much of the coverage did you watch and what sport did you enjoy watching the most and why?
A: I watched most of the sports and all of the track events. I enjoyed water polo the most because it was intense and not often televised.
Q: Do you have any hobbies, and if so, what are they?
A: I program computers, I’m the captain of the Carson High Robotics team, I’m the president of FBLA and I practice boxing.
Q: Do you have a favorite TV show?
A: I only watch sports on TV.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Fried chicken.
Q: If you could change one thing about your high school, what would it be?
A: I would add more food choices.
Q: What sport isn’t offered at the high school level that you think should be?
A: I think there should be a boxing team, at least in the winter.
Q: After graduation, where do you plan to attend college and what are you looking at in terms of a major?
A: I plan to go to a school that is ranked within the top 10 in the nation for computer science. I’d prefer it be in California.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: McQueen ends Carson High volleyball streak at 3; golfers take second
- Decision to play football benefits Kalicki, Carson High
- Prep roundup: Carson High volleyball bounces back with impressive win
- Desormier puts the ‘D’ in Carson High’s defense
- Joe Santoro: Pack QB Cureton needs a driving instructor
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada