Western Nevada College Softball goes 0-for-6 on road trip
January 29, 2013
Western Nevada College dropped two more games in Henderson on Sunday to fall to 0-6 on the season.
WNC was blasted 20-2, by eighth-ranked Pima, and then dropped an 8-3 decision to Chippola Community College.
In the loss to Pima, the Wildcats gave up nine runs in the first inning and never recovered.
The Wildcats collected just five hits in the losing effort. Jen Rechel went 2-for-2 and drove in a run, and Sydney Darby blasted a solo homer. Andrea Lee and Heather Sempton each contributed a hit.
In the loss to Chippola, the Wildcats’ poor defense wiped out a solid effort by Carlee Beck, who gave up six hits and two earned runs in six innings of work. WNC made seven errors, which directly led to runs or kept innings alive. Seven of Chippola’s runs came after two outs.
Alisha Nielsen went 3-for-3, while Sempton went 2-for-3 with an RBI. Rechel contributed a hit and RBI.
WNC will be in Arizona this week for a series of games.
Trending In: Sports
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat