Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Port of Subs Eagle Station, 3821 S. Carson St., 96. -2 Top half of meat in prep. cooler is held cold between 41-45 F. Employee was not sure how many hours meat was above 40F; no thermometer readily available. -2 At least one employee in this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Subway #11114 Southgate, 3959 S. Carson St., 98. -2 Meat in cooler held cold between 41-45F.
• Port of Subs, 1621 Highway 50 E, No. B, 98. -2 Potato and macaroni salad held cold between 41-45F.
• Capitol Shell, 1462 S. Carson St., 95. -2 Potentially hazardous food held cold between 41-45F. Cooler thermometer showed 43F. -2 Ice scoop stored on cardboard box. Meat slicer dirty in crevasses. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces contained no sanitizer residue, no sanitizer bucket available.
• Quick Stop Markets, 3006 N. Roop St., 93. -5 Readily perishable food held above 46F. Ready-made sandwiches in “grab and go” refrigerator at a temperature of 45-52F and not being maintained at 40F or below. -2 Facilities for manual dishwashing not properly operated. Coffee pots not properly cleaned and sanitized per approved methods.
• Woody’s Deli and Market, 4385 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Blair Sharp, 885 E. Musser St., scored 100 points.
• Laundry Lounge, 1300 E. Fifth St., 98. -2 Uncooked hot dogs held cold between 41-45F.
• Winner’s Corner No. 509, 1615 E. Fifth St., 98. -2 Meat sandwiches held cold between 41-45F.
• Carson High School Gym Snack Bar, 1111 S. Saliman Road, 96. -4 Evidence of rodents in establishment. Rodent droppings inside cabinet under nacho cheese machine.
• El Charro Avitia Restaurant, 4389 S. Carson St., 92. -5 Readily perishable foods held at temperatures that support micro-organismal growth (between 40-140F), specifically, all items at steamtable were at temperatures between 130-134F. -2 Frozen pork product being thawed in a manner that does not minimize microbial growth. Egg-based food “Chile relleno” being thawed in a manner that does not minimize microbial growth. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces not clean, do not contain sanitizer residue, or not used properly. No sanitizer buckets located in food prep areas in kitchen.
• El Charro Avitia Bar, 4389 S. Carson St., 93. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces not clean, do not contain sanitizer residue, or not used properly. Sanitizer bucket did not contain enough chlorine to show any results on test strip. -2 Food-contact surfaces of equipment or utensils not clean. Glasses at the end of the bar sticking to the residue on mats on the bar near the beer dispensing taps. Beverage speed gun heads and holsters contained encrusted residue. -1 Non-food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils not clean. Tops and sides of storage cabinets sticky with residue. -2 Supply of towels not present at the bar hand-washing sink. Hot water not readily available at this hand-washing sink. -1 Floors not constructed of smooth durable material or not maintaining good repair. Floor under the bar deteriorated to a bumpy surface.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 3408 Deli Department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Creekside Deli and Catering, 1795 E. College Parkway, 94. -4 Chlorine residual of less than 50 PPM detected on dishware after final mechanical rinse. -2 Potentially hazardous foods at prep counter and condiment stations out of temperature.