Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• The Sub Factory, 2589 N. Carson St. #B, 98. -2 Meat is held cold at 41-45¼ F.
• Taqueria Guadalupana, 2495 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Baskin-Robbins, 3947 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson City Railroad Association, 851 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• BPO Elk’s Lodge No. 2177, 515 N. Nevada St., scored 100 points.
• BPO Elk’s Lodge No. 2177 bar/lounge, 515 N. Nevada St., scored 100 points.
• Lefty’s Comstock Diner, 3680 Goni Road, 99. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces did not contain enough sanitizer residual.
• Tacos Guadalajara caterer, 140 Roughing It Road, Dayton, 98. -2 At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Tacos Guadalajara catering truck, 140 Roughing It Road, Dayton, 98. -2 A supply of sanitary paper towels was not present.
• El Charro Avitia, 4389 S. Carson St., 99. -1 Cloths used on food-contact surfaces did not contain enough sanitizer residual.
• Smiths meat department, 599 E. William St., 99. -1 A cold holding thermometer is missing from the walk-in cooler behind the display cooler (repeat violation).
• Smiths deli department, 599 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• Sierra Joe’s, 444 E. William St. #6, scored 100 points.
• Geno’s Pizza, 2629 N. Carson St., 96. -2 Food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean. Improper use of the three compartment sink. 1)WASH 2)RINSE 3)SANITIZE. Prepare sanitizer buckets each morning. Keep wiping cloths in sanitizer between uses. Change every 2-3 hours as needed to maintain proper sanitizing levels. -2 At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• China East, 1810 Highway 50 E., 95. -2 Chicken is being held cold at more than 40¼ F. Keep chicken in walk-in cooler until ready to chop. After chopping return chicken to walk-in cooler until ready to cook. -2 Food removed from original containers is not stored in approved containers. Covers of containers are absent or are not impervious or nonabsorbent. Unclean zucchini on top of cut prepared carrots. -1 In-use dispensing utensils are not of an appropriate style and are not stored properly. All scoops used for dispensing tools must have handles. If bowls are used as a measuring device they must be place in the dishwasher immediately after use. Do not re-use or leave them in bulk food containers.