- Annual Silver Dollar Car Classic car show at the Pony Express Pavilion. Events will be at the Pavilion and Fuji Park through Sunday. Call 687-7410.
- The Fantasticks musical is performed at the Brewery Arts Center, 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday; 2 p.m. matinee Sunday, the longest running musical in the world, a simple yet wonderful love story. Call 883-1976.
- Summer Family Concert Series, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Minden Park Gazebo, Fifth and Esmeralda streets, features The Outsyders (country and bluegrass). Free and open to the public. Call 782-9828.
- Comedy Night Live at the Carson Valley Inn features Bob Allen and Tony Castle, with emcee and producer Kat Simmons. Call 782-9711.
- WC Karaoke Show at the Windsock Lounge, 2600 Graves Lane, 8 p.m. to midnight. Through Saturday. Call 888-9944.
- "The Virginia and Truckee Right of Way" or "The Too Loose Caboose," performed by Shootin' Starz Stage Co. of Virginia City, 7 p.m. at the Virginia City (outdoor) Amphitheater in Virginia City. Through Sunday. Call 847-SHOW.
- Spearhead featuring Michael Frenti at the Truckee Regional Park Amphitheater in Truckee, starting at 6:30 p.m. Call (530) 583-2801 or (510) 601-TWEB.
- "Nunsense" is performed at 7:30 p.m. at the Tallac Historic Site, South Lake Tahoe, by the Lake Tahoe Community College. Through Saturday. Call (530) 541-4975.
- Kenny G performs at the Silver Legacy City Center Pavilion, 9 p.m. Friday/8 p.m. Saturday, Reno. Call 329-4777.
- Custom Car Show at The Plaza at Harrah's, Reno. Through Sunday. Call 788-2900.
- Papa Clutch & the Shifters perform at The Plaza at Harrah's, Reno. Through Sunday. Call 788-2900.
- NFL-Gatorade Punt, Pass & Kick Clinic and Competition, 10 a.m. at the Boys & Girls Club. Call 882-8820.
- Dayton Valley Lions Club and Dayton Senior Center pancake breakfast to benefit Meals on Wheels, from 9 a.m.-noon at Dayton Senior Center. Admission $3 for adults, $2 for seniors and kids. Call 246-7518 or 246-6210.
- Bowers Mansion Festival featuring bluegrass traditional and folk music at Bowers Mansion, Old 395 South. Admission $18 at gate/$15 advance. Call 882-6013 or 741-2322.
- Live Boxing! Garza vs. Jimenez, Caesars Tahoe. Doors open 6:30 p.m., first bout 7:15 p.m. Call 800-648-3353.
- Water Olympics at Mormon Station, Genoa, for children 7-14 years to learn about the properties of water. Call 782-2590.
- Lake Tahoe Music Festival presents the Argenta Quartet, 7 p.m., location to be determined. Call (530) 583-3101.
- USC Northern Nevada Alumni Club annual beach-USC Trojan Marching Band barbecue, 3 p.m. at Round Hill Resort at Lake Tahoe; $25 per person, open to the public. Call (775) 586-7200.
- Charlie Daniels Band performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Peppermill Tahoe Grand Showroom, Reno. Call 826-2121.
- Readings in the Gallery V, by Renaissance Projects, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Sub-Brka, 99 N. Virginia St., Reno. Free and open to the public. Call 348-6279.
- Live championship boxing, Jorge Eliecer Julio vs. Israel Vazquez at Caesars Tahoe, Circus Maximus. Call (800) 648-3353.
- Genoa Renaissance Fair at Antiques Plus, Foothill Road in Genoa, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Admission: $4 per person. Crafts, antiques, actors, jugglers, rapier fighters and jousters. Through Sunday. Call 782-4951 or 782-2893.
- The B-52s, Go-Gos and Psychedelic Furs perform at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater, 7 p.m. Call 789-2285.