LAS VEGAS - Seven British tourists who were injured in last week's tour bus crash near Tonopah have been released from a Reno hospital, while 17 remained hospitalized in Reno and Las Vegas Tuesday.
Eight passengers remain at University Medical Center in Las Vegas including 72-year-old Kathleen Robinson, who lost both her arms. Robinson and 46-year-old Howard Wingfield, both of England, are in serious condition, hospital officials said.
James Culter, 64, Bryan Davis, 56, Mary Fames, 63, Gareth Owen, 69 and Sandra Owen, 56, all of England, and Maureen Laird, 52, of the United States, are all listed in fair condition.
No other names have been released.
Reno hospital officials said one passenger remains in serious condition, while the remaining eight are in satisfactory condition.
All 41 people aboard the bus were injured, including the American bus driver and tour guide.
The Nevada Highway Patrol is continuing its investigation, which is centering on the driver. Charges against bus operator Lotfali Rankouh, 54, are pending the outcome of the investigation.
Officials are unsure what caused Rankouh to drift off the highway and overcorrect. The bus flipped on its side and slid 200 feet.
NHP Trooper Richard James said drugs or alcohol were not involved, and speed was not believed to be a factor.
Rankouh, who was treated for minor injuries and released, has a clean driving record in California.
The tourists were nearing the end of a 15-day jaunt, visiting sites in California, Utah and Nevada. They left Las Vegas on Thursday morning and were en route to Mammoth Lakes, Calif., when the crash occurred.