Grants offered to residents living in older-build homes

Looking to do some home repairs?

Residents who who live in a Carson City house with more than 50 years of wear and tear to it, are eligible to apply for home rehabilitation grants from the Community Development Department and the Historic Architecture Review Commission.

The city has $25,000 set aside for rehabilitation work on historic houses.

Eligibility requirements include:

- being within the limits of Carson City.

- meeting criteria for state or federal historic designation.

- Income limits for grant recipient falling within the low/moderate income range. For example, a family of two must have an income under $34,300.

- Homeowners carrying insurance.

Funds can be used for any kind of structural, weatherization or maintenance of a historic home. HARC will review applications until March 31.

Applications are available at the Carson City Community Development office, 2621 Northgate Lane, suite No. 62. Call community development at 887-2188 for a full list of eligibility requirements and application requirements.

For information on the Carson City Historic Housing Rehabilitation Program, call Principal Planner Rob Joiner at 887-2188 ext. 1002.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment