Calendar of Events
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Carson Performing Arts presents "Stage Door" at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., 2:30 p.m. Tickets $4 for children, $5 for students/seniors, $6 general admission. Call 887-0438.
• Open house on the Wal-Mart Super Center, 4-6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Bonanza Room, 851 E. William St. View plans and voice concerns.
• The Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meets at 7:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Cost $5 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Call 782-9049 for information.
• Star Trek & Science Fiction Club Meeting 6:30 p.m. at Godfather's Pizza, 2329 N. Carson St.
• Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge No. 42 meets at 6:30 p.m. at Comstock Mobile Village's recreation room, 2601 E. College Parkway. Includes installation of officers. Call 882-1681 or 885-0386.
• Carson Valley International Footprint Association Chapter No. 72 dinner meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn. Guest speaker is Richard Morissette on Yucca Mountain. Reservations, information: 782-8474, 266-3435.
• The Sidewinders perform through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
• Tommy Bell performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.