• Flag Day Ceremony and U.S. Army's 229th birthday, 10 a.m. at the Veterans Memorial Wall, State Capitol Complex. Call 887-7250.
• Flag Day ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177, 515 N. Nevada St. Call 882-2177.
• Minden-Douglas Elks Lodge No. 2670 Flag Day ceremony, 3 p.m. at the lodge, 1276 Pit Road, Gardnerville.
• Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• National Association of Retired Federal Employees meets at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie's for lunch (optional), business meeting at 12:15 p.m. Guest speaker is mayoral candidate Marv Teixeira. Call 884-3538 or 246-0926.
* Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room.
• Auditions for "Romeo and Juliet," 6 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 841-0670 or 887-0438.
• Disabled American Veterans Chapter No. 7 of Carson City meets at 7 p.m. at Veterans Hall, Second and Curry streets. The auxiliary will serve a potluck dinner at 6. Mayoral candidates will speak. Call Ed Johnson at 884-3240 or W. Wayne Willson at 885-7351.
• Silver Sierra Adventurers will meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Karen Myers, regional director for Amtrak. Call Harriet Post at 882-2671.
• Stevie and The Stingrays perform through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Tony Vee performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.