A Carson City judge voluntarily removed himself Monday from an embezzlement case against the former director of Carson Access Television.
District Judge Michael Griffin said he already has an opinion on the case against Craig Swope and will ask the Nevada Supreme Court to appoint a district court judge to take his place.
Swope, 55, was expected to plead guilty to one count of embezzlement in the misappropriation of nearly $500,000 of the station's money between January 1999 and June 2003.
Deputy District Attorney Anne Langer said that in exchange for the plea, four additional counts of embezzlement will be dismissed.
Both sides will be free to argue for a sentence, which could be from probation to 10 years in prison. Swope will also be required to pay about $80,000 in restitution - the balance of what he has not paid back so far - Langer said.
No new court date was set.
Contact F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.