• "A Night of Spoken Word," 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., with Ryan Stark, Jim Williams, Hank Sosnowski. For mature audiences; free. Call 883-2662.
• Free Summer Family Concert Series, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Minden Park, Minden. Features John Stewart Trio. Call 782-9828.
• Reno Rodeo at the Reno Livestock Events Center, times vary, through Saturday. Full schedule, information: www.renorodeo.com or (800) 225-2277.
• Zerotheory performs at 7:30 p.m. at Sierra Morning Star Church, 8550 W. Fourth St., Reno. Tickets at the door, $7.50 . Proceeds benefit Excel Christian School. Call 356-9995.
• Carson City Sheriff's Office first-ever Fun Run and Police Motorcycle Competition begins at 11 a.m. today at Peace Officer Memorial next to Capitol, 9 a.m. Saturday at Mills Park. Plus food and refreshments. Call 887-2020, ext. 3171.
• Bad Intent performs at 7 p.m. (outdoors) today, 9 p.m. Saturday at Decades Bar and Grill, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Hindsight performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• 20th annual Run What Cha Brung Car Show, features classic cars, street dance, children's activities, judging, barbecue dinner, parade, poker walk and awards ceremony, through Sunday. Call 882-0829 or 883-0927.
• Wings of Change airshow at the Minden-Tahoe Airport, 1146 Airport Road, Minden. Afternoon fly-ins; teen dance with DJ 7:30-10:30 p.m. today. On Saturday from 9 a.m. -3 p.m. Dsplays, airshow, model aircraft club demonstrations, kids' bounce house, information booths, food and beverage; live entertainment by Sierra Express at 3:30 p.m.; barbecue from 6:30-8:30 p.m., dance and auction from 8:301:30 p.m. Sunday 8-10 a.m. pancake breakfast and aircraft fly-out. Tickets $25 for dinner/dance with live music by the Mile High Jazz Band; call 265-7109 or 265-3493.
• Sierra Intermountain Emergency Radio Association breakfast meeting, 8 a.m. at Tequila Dan's at Highway 50 East and Lompa Lane. Call 749-5545.
• National Talent Search for "People and their Amazing Animals," 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at S & W Feed, 2310 S. Curry St. Animal competition at 1 p.m. Petting zoo, free pet photos, attendance prizes, special promotions, exhibits, displays, demonstrations and refreshments. Call 882-1225.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers Root Beer Float fund-raiser, 10 a.m. -2 p.m. at Albertsons on Highway 50 East at Airport Road. Donation $1.50 each; proceeds to scholarship programs.
• danceSpirit Studio presents "Danceworks," 5 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $10 at the door; call 884-1066.
• Northern Nevada Pond Club and Oasis Water Gardens seventh annual Pond Tour in Carson City and Carson Valley, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets $10 ; 10 ponds featured. Call Mona Coleman at 267-3458 or 358-6060.
• CASA of Carson City hosts workshop for volunteers, 6-7 p.m. at Carson City Juvenile Court, 1545 E. Fifth St. Call 882-6776.
• "Love Grenade" with Miles Rickets, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 883-2662.
• Boy Scout Troop No. 100 Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church on Highway 50 East at Flowery Avenue.
• Lyon County Search and Rescue second annual Golf Scramble, 1 p.m. at Dayton Valley Golf Club. Registration at 11:30 a.m.; cost $100 per player includes cart, range balls, tee prizes and dinner. Call 246-5746.
• Holabird Americana Auction, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Washoe Grill, 4201 W. Fourth St., Reno. Items include Mark Twain's papers. Call 852-8822.
• Larry The Cable Guy performs at 7:30 and 10 p.m. at the Silver Legacy Grande Exposition Hall, Reno. Tickets $45, $35, $25; call 329-4777.
• Rachel Alejandro in concert at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets, information, call 789-2285, 746-2400 or 359-3488.
• Mingo Saldivar y Los Cuatro Espadas perform a free concert at 7:30 p.m. at Oats Park, Fallon. Call (775) 423-1440.
• Northern Nevada Gaited Horse Club event, 8 a.m. at fairgrounds' front arena Saturday and Sunday. Call 969-3830.
• Roberts House Museum Tea, noon at 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $15 , includes scones w/toppings, fresh fruit, tea sandwiches and desserts, plus tour of 3-D exhibit. Call 887-8865.
• Western Nevada Performing Arts Dance Recital, 2 and 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 882-7485.
• Free Concert on the Lawn, 5 p.m. at First Baptist Church, corner of Mountain and Bath streets, features "Chorus of the Comstock" barbershop group. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Call 882-1851.