• Affordable health screening service, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Rite Aid Pharmacy, 1840 N. Carson St. Includes osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, lung function; $35 per test. Call (866) 263-2663.
• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
• Summer Farmers Market at the Pony Express Pavilion, Mills Park, 3:30-7:30 p.m. Features fresh produce, crafts, food and more. Call 746-5024.
• Sierra Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Features fresh baked goods, flowers and plants, yard art and fresh produce. Call 690-5908.
• Silver State International Rodeo in Fallon, performances at 9:30 a.m. with Grand Entry at 6:30 p.m. followed by a second performance. Daily performances running through Saturday at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. with a parade at 10 a.m. Sunday and finals at 1 p.m. Call (775) 423-4674 for tickets and information.
• Teaser performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• SteppenStonz perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• An exhibit of impressionistic paintings of peacocks by award-winning Nevada artist Lynda Yuroff on display at the Nevada Arts Council office, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Fridaythrough July 30. Call 687-6680.