The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Aaron Thomas Svenningsen, 18, unemployed of Dayton, was arrested at 7:57 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. Bail was set at $3,632.
• Helder Alvernaz, 26, a construction worker from Carson City, was arrested at 4:38 a.m. Monday in the 2100 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony fugitive from justice and misdemeanor obstructing and resisting a police officer. No bail was set.
• Dennis Lee Krieger, 61, of Carson City, and Metelda Ortiz, 56, a transient, were arrested Monday at 8 p.m. on suspicion of felony sex acts in public. They were allegedly spotted by a Carson City deputy having sex in a field across from Mills Park. Bail for each was set at $7,500.
• Kelly Ann Thornton, 27, an accountant from Dayton, was arrested on a felony warrant for suspicion of embezzlement. Bail was set at $5,000.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A vehicle in the 4000 block of Hells Bells Road was damaged sometime Sunday night.
• A person reported Monday a man who is known to have killed people in Mexico pointed a gun at him. A report was taken.
• A blue 1985 Chevy S10 was missing from a car dealership in the 3300 block of Highway 50 East.